We believe our community should be truly open for everyone. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe, welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity or religion.
This code of conduct outlines our expectations for participant behaviour, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behaviour.
We invite all attendees, bloggers, contractors, exhibitors, entertainers, I&D houses, media, organizers, social media influencers, speakers, sponsors, venue employees, volunteers, and other participants to help us realize a safe and positive experience for everyone.
All determinations of appropriate or inappropriate behaviour are in the Red Ride organising group’s sole discretion and the decision(s) of group’s representatives on-site will be final.
Expected behaviour includes but is not limited to
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
- Refrain from using demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behaviour, materials and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert Red Ride organisers if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress.
Unacceptable behaviour & materials include, but hare not limited to
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning materials or conduct by any attendees of the event and related event activities. Many event venues are shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations.
- Harassment includes: offensive comments (verbal, written, or otherwise) related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability; inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images (including presentation slides); deliberate intimidation, stalking or following; harassing materials, photography or recording; sustained disruption of talks or other events (whether verbal or otherwise); inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
- Physical, written, verbal or other abuse, intimidation, threats, annoyance, harassment, stalking, pushing, shoving or use of any physical force whatsoever against any person, which in any way creates a disturbance that is disruptive or dangerous, or creates apprehension in a person, as determined by Red Ride organisers, in their sole discretion.
- Possession of any item that can be used as a weapon, which may cause danger to others if used in a certain manner.
- Any boisterous, lewd or offensive behaviour or language, including but not limited to using sexually explicit or offensive language, materials or conduct, or any language, behaviour or content that contains obscene gestures, or racial, religious or ethnic slurs.
- Possessing any open can, bottle or other receptacle containing any alcoholic beverages, except in areas specifically designated for the consumption of alcohol. Please drink responsibly.
- Possessing any illegal substance, including but not limited to narcotics, marijuana, or other illegal drugs.
- The Red Ride organisers will not tolerate the use or abuse of illegal substances anywhere in any of the Venues during this event.
- Smoking – not permitted other than in designated areas.
- Assembling for the purpose of, or resulting in, disturbing the peace, or committing any unlawful act or engaging in any offensive behaviour.
- Failure to obey any road users rules or regulations or of the Venues.
Consequences of unacceptable behaviour
- Unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated whether by other attendees, bloggers, contractors, exhibitors, entertainers, I&D houses, media, organizers, social media influencers, speakers, sponsors, venue employees, volunteers, and other participants. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behaviour is expected to comply immediately.
- If a participant engages in unacceptable behaviour, the event organisers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the event without warning or refund.
What to do if you witness or are subjected to unacceptable behaviour
- If you are subjected to unacceptable behaviour, notice that someone else is being subjected to unacceptable behaviour, or have any other concerns, please notify Red Ride organisers as soon as possible. All reports will remain completely confidential.
- Event Staff will be available to help participants contact venue security or local law enforcement, to provide escorts, or to otherwise assist those experiencing unacceptable behaviour to feel safe for the duration of the event. You can report unacceptable behaviour to any member of staff. Staff can be found onsite or you may email one of the contacts below.
We expect all participants (attendees, bloggers, contractors, exhibitors, entertainers, I&D houses, media, organizers, social media influencers, speakers, sponsors, venue employees, volunteers, and other participants) to abide by this code of conduct throughout the whole event.
- Emergency 000